Updated: May 5, 2020
*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
As many of you know, I am a fan of an easy and inexpensive DIY for gifts for my parent volunteers. One tool that you NEED to invest in (if you haven't already) is a cricut machine. I can't tell you how many projects I have used this for.
This week I wanted to make something simple, yet cute for one of my parent volunteers. Let me show you step by step on how to recreate it!
What you will need:
-Cardstock- white (colored cardstock not recommended)
1. To create the design, insert a circle that is 3 in. big.
2. Insert text, and type the letter of the last name of your parent or person you're making it for (i used just the Cricut Sans in lowercase)
4. Stretch your letter to make it as big as you want, and place it right in the middle of your circle.
5. Select both the circle and letter and click the slice option on the bottom right corner.
6. You then need to drag your letter out of the circle, and delete it and you should now see a cut out of your letter in the circle.
7. Select the shape and now duplicate it three more times.
8. Place your infusibe ink transfer sheet design up on your Standard Grip Mat
9. Click on the green make it button
10. Make sure your machine is connected, and you have clicked the mirror button ON.
11. Select your material to infusible ink, and you are ready to go!
12. When project is complete, Peel the backing off your design, making sure to go back and weed the letter out. Because it is much bigger you can easily use your finger, or the Cricut weeding tool.
13. Cut your pieces so you have four of your designs ready to stick on the coasters.
14. Turn on your Cricut EasyPress and set it to 400 degrees and 240 seconds (for help with heating times and temperatures for other projects click here)
15. while that is heating, you can prep your area by getting your mat ready. Simply place yout cardstock on the mat for protection, and place your ceramic tile FACE DOWN.
16. Once easy press is ready, place the butcher paper on top of the project, and place your easyPress on top of the paper. Tap the start button. You do not need to apply any pressure while it is heating your project.
17. Once the timer goes off, remove your easyPress, and DO NOT touch your project. It is going to be extremely hot. I recommend waiting 5-7 minutes.
18. Once the project has cooled, removed the transfer paper, and you are done!
19. Repeat with other coasters for the full set.
Tip: stack them and tie them up with cute ribbon, or yarn and create a tag.
I love a good pun so I went with the one above. I also like "You helped me Coast through the year"
And that's it! Hope you enjoyed this project as much as I did!